{WWW.MARTYMCCONNELL.COM} {NEW JOURNAL: martyoutloud.livejournal.com (no www required)}

Wednesday, December 31, 2003

an international blog. how exciting! this will be fairly short, since I'm on Roger's mother's computer down here in Trinidad, and I type faster than the words appear on the screen, and can make a snack in the time it takes an email to send.

so much to tell, but suffice to say (a) it's a miracle we're here at all, given that we found out at 9 a.m. that our flight left JFK at 10:30 a.m., and Roger hadn't yet begun to pack, and (b) never enter the tropics without insect repellant and stomach medicine. I got over the nausea after the first couple of days, but the mosquito bites are going to drive me mad.

the first night out with hordes of QRC boys (Roger's high school classmates) lasted until 5 a.m. -- and around 3 a.m. I noticed on the bar's TV that CNN was reporting what looked with the sound off to be a massive earthquake in LA. I was panicked, of course, and couldn't call anyone to see what had happened until the next day. so I just had to drink more Stag -- "the beer for men" -- to calm down.

we spent Christmas Eve day on the beach, which was highly surreal for me -- sunburn for Christmas? what?

more stories to come, and photos when we get back. right now I have to go find the anti-itch cream before I lose a layer of skin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home