{WWW.MARTYMCCONNELL.COM} {NEW JOURNAL: martyoutloud.livejournal.com (no www required)}

Thursday, December 18, 2003

yay! they chose my ending. and then it was the pre-holiday party so I am several apple martinis deep -- alcohol is the divel -- devil. how interesting, what's a divel. divel

\Di*vel"\, v. t. [L. divellere; dit- = dis- + vellere to pluck.] To rend apart. [Obs.] --Sir T. Browne.

hm. not that interesting. obscure, even by definition.

in any case, my ending worked. yay. I feel vastly better about the show. is that wrong? by the way, my ending was #2. yay dad! that's the one you voted for. none of the rest of you gave me any feedback in time. sigh.

by the way, Stephen Dunn's book Landscape at the End of the Century ends with a 14-PAGE POEM that destroys and rebuilds your world while you're reading it. OH MY GOD. read it. anaphora, cycle, energy, all things here. and beyond.

"I love that tyrants give birth
to the knives that slit their throats.
And I love the vigilant
who try to keep the tyrants dead,
knowing they rise with different names."

"How good it's been to slide back
the heart's hood awhile, how fortunate
there's a heart and a covering for it,
and that whatever is still warm
has a chance."

and on and on...

love to all and time for sleep.

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home