{WWW.MARTYMCCONNELL.COM} {NEW JOURNAL: martyoutloud.livejournal.com (no www required)}

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

it was 100 degrees in LA today. and I got more lost than I've ever been in this city and still didn't buy a map. blame it on low blood sugar. besides, using a map requires knowing where you are to begin with. someone should make a movie about Anne Sexton's life and work. I'd like to play Anne Sexton but they'd have to cast short people around me so I could look tall. bought flip-flops today, which makes me happy. I'm unreasonably tired, but I did get two magazine submissions done: crazyhorse and AGNI. what a tedious process. at this time next week I'll be in Brooklyn. yay! Roger made the slam finals. it'll be strange to be there for the finals and not in them, for the first time in four years. but a relief -- I'm really glad I'm not slamming this year, and more sure than ever that I would have taken this year off regardless.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home