{WWW.MARTYMCCONNELL.COM} {NEW JOURNAL: martyoutloud.livejournal.com (no www required)}

Sunday, September 19, 2004

{God is watching us... from a distance...}

learned at the church where we performed this morning:

having premarital sex is the same as raping one's sister. now stay with me here: it is rape because the holy spirit is a person within each of us, and that person (the holy spirit) says No, Stop, and when we don't stop, it is rape.

specifically it is the same as raping one's sister because of the story of David, where his son rapes his daughter, and he chooses his son over God and doesn't kill him, which is like when you know someone's a liar and don't call them out on their sin, or when you steal office supplies from work. I am not making this up.

oh, and you should tithe to the church, especially while you're pregnant, because then God will allow your fruit to ripen on the vine and not take it before its time.

this is the point at which I go into deep meditation and attempt not to hear anymore.

I can't even get this into poetry. I'm only glad that the bulk of my poem in the 5-minute piece is dedicated to pushing the necessity of dissent.

oh, and there was a gigundous BILLY GRAHAM banner behind us. I have to go read something subversive now and try to recover.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home