{WWW.MARTYMCCONNELL.COM} {NEW JOURNAL: martyoutloud.livejournal.com (no www required)}

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

{this just in}

well, am I suddenly in demand or what. :)

Wednesday, January 19, at 7 p.m. I'm featuring as a showcase poet at synonymUS, louderARTS' fabulous collaborative arm, at the Nuyorican Poets Cafe.

I don't have full info on the other showcasers, except that one of them is the lovely and talented Brent Shuttleworth (think John Mayer with a soul). But it's always grand, and we're done by 9 for all you early-to-bedders. Julio makes sure of it!

So come out, it's me and the musicians making merry poetry -- and I'm continuing my vow not to repeat work at any of these shows, with the possible exception of one or two "teaser" preview poems.

I'm hauling my butt out on the LIRR to work with flutist, saxophonist, and allaround whizbang musician type Scot Williams tonight to work on stuff for these shows (don't forget about February 7!), so y'all come out and make it worth my while, OK? OK.

Here are the details:

synonymUS
Poetry, Music, Movement, Image, Narrative
- always an Open Mic

at The Nuyorican Poets Café
236 East 3rd St. between Ave. B&C

January 19th @ 6:45 pm
Every 3rd Wednesdays thereafter
$7
Open Form@ sign up 6:30 p.m.

Dancers, Musicians, Poets and Artists of all walks welcome.
Bring your own collab or work with US.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home