{WWW.MARTYMCCONNELL.COM} {NEW JOURNAL: martyoutloud.livejournal.com (no www required)}

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

{one of those posts}

the longer I work in an office, the more obsessed I become with food. and I don't even LIKE food really -- I'm a huge proponent of some scientist developing a pill one can take that gives the sensation of fullness, plus the requisite vitamins and nutrient-type things, so that I can choose when I want to eat and when to pill. it’s not really food that I’m not crazy about, it’s more the eating. I don’t really like it. anyway, it does become something of a joy in the office, because it requires that I look away from the computer screen. I think I may need glasses thanks to all this typing. I started talking (writing?) (whatever) about this because I just had the nastiest chicken and broccoli EVER and it was really disappointing. I generally stick with chicken and broccoli for random Chinese take-out restaurants because it’s pretty hard to mess up – chicken, broccoli, mysterious brown sauce, done. but this was bad. which is no good. so I go to the copier and what do I find? a bowl of hershey’s kisses. of which I consume many. ack!

but have you tried these caramel-insided hershey’s kisses? marvelous! I’m not a big chocolate person because it makes me a little sugar-spikey-crazy and then crashing and cranky, but caramel is manna. and these are little pockets of caramel inside a little kiss. cute AND tasty. particularly after bad chicken and broccoli. this is why people who work in offices get fat. and why I need a gym membership. soon. but they’re expensive! I’d forgotten, after my year of hotel gyms.

blah. blah and blah. I need to go back to writing this grant. or something sensible like that.

exercise for today: charisma does what in the back of a pickup truck?



1 Comments:

Blogger GeoBandy said...

Have you tried Rolo "Bites"? They're not cute, but they get the job done!

11:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home