{WWW.MARTYMCCONNELL.COM} {NEW JOURNAL: martyoutloud.livejournal.com (no www required)}

Thursday, June 30, 2005

{that's me on the corner looking confused}

I get lost a lot. I also have trouble remembering what trains go where, and how to get to them from places I don't travel daily. It's not my fault; none of the women in my family have any sense of direction. My youngest sister used to keep written directions to all of her friends' houses in the glove compartment of her car; and not just their address, but how to get there from various places around the city. The city of Des Plaines, mind you, population typical suburb, where we'd lived her entire life.

so anyway, bless Oscar Bermeo for introducing me to this thing called HopStop. You can text it from your phone and it'll give you train directions or tell you the nearest train. Madness. I'm waiting to find out it's owned by Rush Limbaugh or the ghost of Hitler. But until then, I'm there. I just had to share.