{WWW.MARTYMCCONNELL.COM} {NEW JOURNAL: martyoutloud.livejournal.com (no www required)}

Monday, August 08, 2005


{revision & yay}

I get to Chicago at 9:08 a.m. Saturday. Andi Noel and baby Saeorcie scoop me up from baggage claim and off to Wisconsin we go. and I don't come back until Tuesday. That means three solid days with no subway smell and no spreadsheets and no Stain bar... wonder if I'll get any writing in. I have Rachel's manuscript to look at, so I will (necessarily) be somewhat productive.




lies about midnight

the mannequin’s chipped and hollow hip echoes
the left breast, broken open to black. you wonder
why I need you to grip me there, why your hand
slips inside my chest easily as a fish hook. most days
busy keeps the falling at bay and nightly you
and sleep patch the bones back to fiction, whole;
the streak of blue in your dear, purchased optimism
comforts me. my ragged feet defy all attempts
to keep the body from the poem / we should
celebrate. another season of breathing, another year
without tumors, I watch you sleep and the ants
quit their itching, the flies settle into corners,
I think it might also kill me to be happy.

*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home