{WWW.MARTYMCCONNELL.COM} {NEW JOURNAL: martyoutloud.livejournal.com (no www required)}

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

when I moved from Cincinnati back to Chicago and was looking for a job in PR, it came down to two job offers: one that I took, the other from a firm that REQUIRED that I take a personality test. the test took an entire afternoon. it included a creativity section that I'm still convinced included questions that had no answers, just to see if I'd run screaming from the room. the test gave you two or three seemingly unrelated words, and you had to supply the word that connected all the others -- like, feather, bulb, and the connector word is "light." but on and on.

so the firm wouldn't give me my results unless I took the job (run away! run away!) but they did say that I scored incredibly high on creativity (a good sign) but that I have trouble following through on tasks I dislike.

you need a personality test to tell you this? that I have trouble following through on tasks I dislike? who doesn't have trouble with that?

anyway, I don't usually do these online test things, but it's raining in LA, I've been up since the proverbial crack of dawn doing shows and rehearsing, I don't feel like writing about the tour at the moment. and there's not a damn thing on TV except "Panic Room" on HBO and that's freaking me out. I watch these movies and decide that I need to learn how to do more things. like electrical work, and shooting. you know, survival skills.

so here it is:
Cattell's 16 Factor Test Results
Warmth ||||||||||||||||||||| 66%
Intellect |||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%
Emotional Stability ||||||||||||||| 42%
Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Liveliness ||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
Dutifulness ||||||||||||||| 46%
Social Assertiveness ||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
Artistic Interests |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Paranoia ||||||||||||||| 46%
Abstractness |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
Introversion |||||||||||||||||| 54%
Anxiety |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
Openmindedness |||||||||||||||||| 58%
Independence |||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%
Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
Tension ||||||||||||||||||||| 70%
Take Free 16pf based Personality Test


tomorrow we have most of the day off, then a party with lots of famous people. of course, since we're performing, it's sort of less of a party and more like work, but so it goes. between shows today, I went shopping with our beatboxer Joshua and bought a new pair of shoes (Fluevogs rock! especially on sale) for the event. life is consistently entertaining.

maybe I'll write something moderately intelligent tomorrow. for now, sleep. Jodie Foster has defeated the Panic Room bad guys and all is right with the world again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home