{WWW.MARTYMCCONNELL.COM} {NEW JOURNAL: martyoutloud.livejournal.com (no www required)}

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

{punishment}

On Sunday night, while working on stuff for the auction (which is finally, exhaustingly, successfully, over,) I watched Evita. The musical. With Madonna. For this I am being punished by the gods by not being able to get DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA -- sung by Madonna with more pathos than anyone who's taken seven voice lessons should be able to muster -- out of my head. Once in a while I think, ah, it's gone, and then once I realize that it's gone, it's triggered again.

meanwhile, everyone's at Nationals. I'm at work. arg. is it Friday yet? am I on my way to Chicago?

don't cry for me, Albuquerque. the truth is, I never left you.

*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home