{WWW.MARTYMCCONNELL.COM} {NEW JOURNAL: martyoutloud.livejournal.com (no www required)}

Friday, January 20, 2006

{developments & dabblings}

I went from having to work in the Bronx from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. tomorrow to having to work from 8 a.m. to noonish tomorrow to not having to go at all -- almost simultaneously went from having my sister and brother in law visit this weekend to having them visit the following week to having them get screwed over by American Airlines (boo hiss for the monster airline) and possibly not come at all -- so now instead of a crazy packed weekend I have a calendar full of white-out and all sorts of open time... which should be a good thing, yes? and is, though it leads to a strange draining feeling. list: writing, painting, laundry (good god, laundry, I need clean socks), perhaps brunch of a sort, that great New York pastime, perhaps I will even memorize a poem and perhaps slam it on Monday, that whole hat in the ring thing, now that I won't have a sibling audience to be wounded should I not score well. it's always hardest on the family.

*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty........so true; hardest on the family.....bummer about Erin and Byron....but they HAD had almost 3 years to use those old bumped coupons....oh well....love ya....Dad

4:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home